Thursday, April 21, 2005

How To Encrypt Your Email Address

With all the harvesting of email addresses many site
owners are now afraid to post their email address on
their own site. And while I understand why they don't,
I don't recommend leaving if off because that can hurt
your business.

One of the easiest things to do to hinder someone
from harvesting your email address off your site and
still have it available for your site visitors is to encrypt
it. I won't guarantee that it will stop everyone but I
encrypt my email address on my site and it has greatly
reduced the amount of spam I get.

Unfortunately I can't put the JavaScript code in the
blog because it won't show up so I've created this page
where you can copy and paste the code and get the
directions for editing it to hold your email address.

It's not hard to encrypt your email address. So don't
cut your site visitors off, include your encrypted
email address on your site.

Susan

No comments: