Sunday, April 24, 2005

The Phishers Are Still At Work

I've warned you before and I am warning you again to
be care about what links you click in your email.

Since my PayPal account was broken into once I get
very nervous when I get email saying that someone has
tried to wrongfully use my account. Yet, I got a message
that said just that on Sunday.

The email came to my email address that I use on PayPal
and had the subject line of:
"Your PayPal Id logged in from Spain"

The message was suppose to be a warning but it also
said I should check out my account through the link
provided and if I didn't my account would get suspended.

Now I've read what PayPal has to say about mail it
sends and they tell you to NEVER use those links contained
in the email. Their advice is to go to your browser window
and type in the URL yourself. Then log into your account.

Well I did what PayPal recommends and saw no unusual
activity so I am guessing that someone was phishing.

Please remember. If you get an email telling you to check
one of your "sensitive" accounts, Don't use a link sent
in the email. Always type in the URL of the main site and
log into your account yourself.

Stay safe and keep your identity to for yourself.

Susan

No comments: